PRODUCT REVIEW FOR TORAYVINO MK303-EG
Torayvino water purifiers is No. 1 popular water purifiers in Japan* (*Brand awareness research by Toray in Year 2012)
TORAYVINO™ is a home water purifier series that combines Japan Toray’s developed hollow-fiber membrane and activated carbon technologies. These purifiers excel in eliminating residual chlorine, turbidity, rusts, general bacteria and other micro-contamination. Toray’s products sold under this brand include systems designed to connect directly to a faucet, such as the TORAYVINO™ MK303.
MK303 meets all of the 12 JIS tests stipulated for household water purifiers, as well as stand-alone and under-the-sink models and pot models.
- Torayvino comes from a popular Japanese company called Toray Industries, Inc. Established in Year 1926, it has presence in over 20 countries (including USA, UK, China) with some 46,000 employees. It has a 66 percent market share among faucet-mounted filtration systems in Japan. This says a lot about how reliable and effective the product is.
- Torayvino MK303-EG produces 99.99% bacteria-free water through its proprietry 4-stage filtration system.
Firstly, the pre-screen removes impurities bigger than 465 um (micron) such as rusts, sands, sediment, and particles.
Secondly. the second screen removes impurities bigger than 114 um (micron) as well as those that couldn’t be removed by the pre-screen.
Thirdly, the granular activated carbon removes residual chlorine, harmful chemicals, and bad odor.
Finally, the hollow fiber membrane precisely removes contaminants in the 0.1 um (micron) unit such as bacteria, rust, turbidity, coliform bacili, microorganisms, and microscopic impurities.
- A Torayvino faucet-mounted water filter could provide up to 1,500 liters of purified water. To put that in perspective, that’s about three to five months of regular use for a household with four individuals. After that, you will need to change the cartridge only, not the whole unit.
One important note about the replacement cartridge. In the market, there are many variants of replacement cartridge with different filtration capacity. There are those with 600 litres, 900 litres or 1,500 litres. For example, a replacement cartridge with a mark of 600L means it is capable of filtering only up to 600 litres – beyond which the cartridge is due for a replacement. The same goes for the rest of the variants. Therefore, we advise all not to just look at the pricing alone but also look for the filtration capacity.
Hi-Tech only carries 1,500L capacity replacement cartridge and it is the cheapest in terms of $ per lit.
# Package Content:
1 x MK303-EG Filter Body
1 x MK303-EG – 1,500 litres Cartridge
1 x instructional manual in English and other languages
MK303-EG removes all bacteria, harmful organic compounds and residual chlorine.
- This MK303-EG filter, like all other Torayvino range of products, is a multi-filtration system that removes all bacteria, impurities and odors. It provides a clean, safe and tasty drinking water for all homes.
- The MK303-EG made up of Toray’s renowned hollow-fibre membrane. The membrane contains more than 520 billion of micro-pores and this provides for an efficient 99.99% removal of all bacteria.
- The granular activated carbon within the filter removes unpleasant chlorine, bad taste and odors. The filter also preserves all good minerals in the drinking water that are vital for human health.
The Torayvino MK303-EG faucet water filter removes the dirt and odor from the water. It is compact and easy to install. The water purification filter enhances your daily life by removing bacteria, harmful organic compounds and chlorine while keeping all the good minerals in your water with a double filtration system. It employs Toray’s proprietary 4-stage filtration technology.
The 4-Stage Filtration
Toray’s best developed proprietary Four-stage filtration technology catches even the most microscopic contaminants.
Stage 1 – Pre-screen
- The pre-screen removes impurities bigger than 465um (micron) such as rust, sands, sediment, contaminants and particles
Stage 2 – Granular Activated Carbon (GAC)
- The Torayvino filter uses high-grade activated carbon to remove residual chlorine water odour and other chemicals from the unfiltered tap water.
Stage 3 – Second Screen
- Ensures rust, sediments and impurities that are bigger than 114um (micron) that could not be removed by the first screen.
Stage 4 – Hollow Fiber Membrane Filter
- Toray’s advanced multi-layer hollow fiber membrane precisely removes contaminants in the 0.1um (micron) such as bacteria, rust, turbidity (clarity of water), coliform bacilli, microorganisms and microscopic impurities from water and other liquid solutions without removing calcium, magnesium and other minerals essential to the human body. The same membrane technology is used in dialysis to purify blood in the medical field.
Hi-flow with maximum rate of 2 liters per minute.
This compact water purifier has a maximum flow rate of 2 liters per minute, which makes little change to the normal flow rate of unfiltered water. By simply rotating the water selection lever, you also have a choice of either a stream or a spray of unfiltered water or spray of filtered water.
MK303-EG comes with three optional modes of flow via a selector switch.
Filtered Unfiltered Unfiltered
(Shower) (Shower) (Straight)
The purpose of the selector switch is to allow user to select when to use filtered water and when to use unfiltered water. This would help to prolong the filter filtration life span as we generally do not need filtered water during washing of dishes.
Easy installation and replacement of the filter cartridge
Installation is very simple. It is a DIY type. In addition, the package comes with multi-adapters that fit most of the tap sizes in Singapore and also installation manual in English and in other languages.
Cartridge attachment / replacement is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Turn the water selection lever to “Unfiltered Straight” and insert the filter cartridge.
- Rotate the cartridge 90°to the vertical.
- Cartridge attachment is complete.
Easy to check trapped impurities through “See-through Window”
This unique feature incorporated only in TORAYVINO® home filters! Simply open the filter cartridge top cap. Check for contaminants build ups through the “See-through Window” to see if is due to replace the filter cartridge.
The filter cartridge comes with see-through window. Here you can monitor the cartridge life span. Simply remove the filter cap to check on the contaminants build-up inside the fibres through the See-through Window. When water flow is low, it is time to replace the cartridge.
Summary of Key Features of MK303-EG
- High flow rate of 2 liters per minute. Filtration rating up to 0.1 micron
- Advance quick-twist mechanism makes changing filter easy and quick
- See-through window shows you when to replace the filter
- Multi-adapters for quick and easy DIY installation.
- This model comes with a 1,500 liters filtration capacity.
- Unit is completely Made in Japan.
- It employs Toray’s proprietary 4-stage filtration technology
- It filters off 99.99% of all bacteria and other impurities.
- Save space as it mounts directly onto the kitchen tap.
For health conscious individuals, having a 99.99% bacteria-free purified water is of utmost importance. Thankfully, the Torayvino faucet-mounted water filter is here. Safe, convenient, cost-efficient, and aesthetically beautiful. More importantly, it works.
For more information on the product and purchase option, click this link or call Hi-Tech (AEM) at 6749 3003
Torayvino Faucet Mount MK303-EG Water Filtration System
#hitechaem #torayvino #domesticfiltrationsystem
Continue Reading “PRODUCT REVIEW FOR TORAYVINO MK303-EG”